The wife of Manzoor Ahmad Mir holds a photograph of her missing husband while her children look on in Awantipora, Kashmir. Her husband was taken from his residence at night by Indian soldiers following a dispute with a police officer and neighbour September 12, 2004.
6) Agha Syed Hussain Shah Jalali (Srinagar) 7) Sheikh Mohd. Akbar (Baramulla) Left to Right (Standing): 1) Molvi Mohd. Syed Massodi (Ganderbal) 2) Qazi Abdul Gani (Delena) 3) Molana Mohd Abdullah 4) Kh. Ali Mohd Wani (2/3)
1930 - Founders Of Awqaf working Committee , Srinagar - Left to Right (Sitting):
1) Kh. Mohd Akbar Dar (Dargumulla)
2) Hakim Mohd Amin Qureshi (Srinagar)
3) Mirza Mohd. Afzal Baig (Islamabad)
4) Sheikh Mohd. Abdullah (Srinagar)
5) Chowdhary Ghulam Abbass (Jammu)
33 years ago (Sep 18, 1988),the first militant of Kashmir,Aijaz Dar of Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF),was killed,in Rajbagh Srinagar.
Per Indian govt figures, close to 25,000 militants have been killed since.The actual numbers are many more.
The sacrifices that followed July 13, 1931
July 13 will be remembered for not only what happened on that particular day, but for the long chain of struggle and sacrifice that followed, Shahnaz Bashir writes
Anwara Jaan, 60, cries while speaking about her missing husband on June 30, 2009 in Uri, Kashmir.
Photo: Yawar Nazir https://twitter.com/kashhistorypics/status/1439128970188910596 …pic.twitter.com/6mQL5kR9gs